I love a quick lunch that I can put together in-between refereeing the children!
The combination of these ingredients take me back to a sunny holiday and you can’t help but smile even if the sun isn’t shining!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|80 g||houmous||1||pitta, large||75 g||courgette, cut on the diagonal into slices||50 g||peppers, cut into strips||50 g||halloumi||10 g||olive oil|
- Put a griddle or frying pan onto the heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the slice courgette and leave for a minute or so to colour or soften.
- Turn over and repeat until all the courgettes are ready. Set them aside.
- Repeat this step with the peppers and set aside ready for assembly.
- Slice the halloumi into thin slices and griddle.
- Gently toast the pitta and carefully cut in half being careful not to get burned by the steam.
- Using a knife, carefully prize apart the sized of the pitta and smear half of the humous on the sides.
- Stuff the pitta with half of the remaining ingredients and repeat to assemble the other pitta half.
- Take a moment to enjoy your pitta even if the sun isn’t shining!
- I like to use red, yellow or orange peppers for maximum flavour.
- Thinly sliced and grilled aubergines would be amazing for this recipe!
- For this recipe I’ve used ready made houmous, but if you have a batch of my Simple Houmous recipe to hand then use that!
- I like to use sourdough or wholemeal pitta, but regular are fine too!