Recently I was fortunate to spend the day at a well known health spa and I planned a day of good healthy food and relaxation.
The day was relaxing and when I got home I was determined to opt for a delicious and nutritious dinner.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|120 g||salmon fillet||60 g||dried tagliatelle||40 g||mushrooms, sliced||40 g||onion, sliced||15 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, crushed||1/2 tsp||dried chillies||120 g||courgettes made into courgetti||salt and pepper|
- Take a sheet of non stick foil and arrange the onion slices in the centre and top with the salmon fillet.
- Carefully fold the foil to make a parcel and poach the salmon by placing the parcel into a colander resting over a pan of boiling water.
- Cover with a lid for approximately 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Carefully remove the salmon parcel from the colander without burning yourself and set it aside.
- Cook the tagliatelle in the pan of boiling water according to the manufacturers instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the sliced mushrooms in the a dry frying pan and put it onto a high heat with a little salt to draw out the mushrooms natural juices.
- After a couple of minutes, the mushrooms will be cooked so remove these from the pan for a moment.
- Put the frying pack back onto the heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil is warm, add the garlic and turn down the heat so that you don’t burn the garlic.
- After less than a minute add the chilli flakes and remove the pan from the heat.
- By this time the pasta will be ready so drain it and add the pasta the the garlic and chilli oil.
- Thoroughly coat the pasta before turning it out onto your plate.
- Arrange the raw courgetti around the outside edge of your pasta and top with the cooked mushrooms and poached salmon.
- As you eat, the courgetti and hot pasta will mix and this will be enough to warm through the courgetti – see notes for more details on why I don’t cook the courgetti.
- Use firm courgettes for the best results.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make courgetti!
- Whenever I use courgetti in a recipe I either serve it raw or stir it through other warm ingredients before serving it as courgette can become soggy when cooked.
- If you like a hotter pasta, feel free to add more than the stated amount of chilli flakes.
- You can flake the fish over the pasta or serve it whole. It’s up to you!
Find me on: Web