When I’m organised I like to cook come chicken ready for the following day.
To keep it lovely and moist I poach it in some stock and then keep the stock for another meal.
I do love a tumble-down recipe!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||1||chicken stock cube||200 ml||water||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||95 g||courgette, cut into half moons||6 g||olive oil||66 g||mozzarella||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Boil your water and add it to a small sauce pan, crumble in the stock cube and poach your chicken breast until it’s cooked through. It will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and the mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt.
- This will help draw out the mushrooms natural juices helping it to cook without the need for oil.
- After a few minutes add the courgette and the olive oil cook for a few minutes to soften the courgette.
- Add the spinach to the pan a bit at a time to allow it to wilt and when all the spinach is in the pan add the reduced fat sour cream.
- If at this point the pan is still a little dry add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen your sauce.
- When the reduced fat sour cream has been incorporated into your vegetables, remove the pan from the heat and add your mozzarella to the pan, torn into little pieces.
- Gently fold the cheese into the vegetables and serve with the poached chicken.
- As you eat the vegetables you’ll come across pockets of gooey mozzarella, a real treat!!
- Save the poaching liquid and use it to make my no stir chicken and mushroom risotto recipe.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!