I’m really enjoying turkey mince and paired with piri piri seasoning, it’s transported to another level, with chips no less!
These chips are no ordinary chips, they’re lean chips!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey breast mince||46 g||onions, cut into rings||95 g||cherry tomatoes||1-2 tsp||piri piri seasoning||365 g||new potatoes, hand cut into fries||6 g||olive oil||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||10 ml||mustard, American||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Cut your new potatoes into chip for wedges, arrange them onto the baking sheet and bake them until they are cooked to your liking.
- Arrange your mixed salad leaves in a bowl and top with the tomotoes.
- Put the turkey mince into a bowl and add the piri piri seasoning.
- Using your hands, mix the seasoning into the mince and shape into burger patties.
- Remember, the thicker the pattie, the longer it will take to cook.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat, add the olive oil and add the onion and burger patties.
- Gently cook these until the onion has softened and caramelised a little and until the burgers are cooked through.
- They will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Check the new potatoes and remove them from the oven when ready and serve along with the burgers and onion.
- Top your burgers with a dab of American mustard, add your sweet chilli sauce to the plate and don’t forget to serve the salad you prepared earlier!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.