Flat peaches are in season at the moment so my fruit bowl is regularly being topped up after we regularly raid its goodies and passionfruit over greek yogurt is one of my favourite after dinner treats.
Seeing those two fruits nestled in my fruit bowl, they were calling out to be used in my overnight oats and how right they were to draw attention to themselves!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|40 g||porridge oats||5 g||chia seeds||175 ml||almond milk, sweetened||1||peach, ripe||1||passionfruit|
- Add your porridge oats and chia seeds into your container – I like to use a jam jar.
- Pour in the almond milk and give everything a good stir before popping the lid on and refrigerating overnight.
- The next morning take a peach, cut it in half and remove the stone before cutting into slices.
- Arrange the slices on top of your oats before cutting the passionfruit in half and scooping out the fruit over the peach slices.
- I like to add chia seeds to my overnight oats to soak up some of the excess liquid, plus it adds a lovely texture to compliment the oats.
- I prefer to use sweetened almond milk to remove the need to sweeten the oats with something more calorie packed.
- I like to top my oats with fruit the morning after so that the oats hold the fruit. I find adding the fruit too early results in the fruit sinking.