Pasta sauces don’t need to cook for hours or be tomato based.
Try this simple recipe for garlic infused buttery prawns.
It’s guaranteed to be simple and guaranteed not to disappoint – pressure!!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|305 g||raw king prawns||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6 g||butter||80 g||dried pasta||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the pasta for the manufacturers recommended time.
- Take a frying pan and put it onto a medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms along with a sprinkle of salt to help release their natural juices without the need to add any oil.
- After a few minutes they should start to soften.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan, then add the butter along with the garlic and allow the garlic to infuse the butter.
- Check your pasta and when it’s cooked, take the mushrooms off the heat, drain the pasta.
- After a minute or two add the prawns to the pan and pop a lid on. This will help the prawns to cook without the need to increase the temperature which would burn the butter and garlic.
- Toss the prawns and mushrooms in the garlic butter liquor and add the pasta to the pan.
- Toss the pasta to combine all the ingredients.
- Pop the pasta onto the plate along with the mixed salad leaves and tomatoes.
- Top your salad leaves with the sweet chilli sauce and dig in!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- For this recipe, the dried pasta varieties I’ve used are Tagliatelle and Bucatini.
- Take care to gently warm the garlic in the butter as the butter and garlic burn easily.