Pasta, I love the stuff.
In the time it takes to cook the pasta, you’ll make the most tasty sauce.
Whether you love a chunky or smooth sauce, a home made sauce beats the store bought jar sauces hands down.
Not only do you know what goes it to it, you can determine it’s overall flavour.
Give it a try, you’ll never use a jar of store bought sauce again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||95 g||chopped tomatoes||6 g||olive oil||1/2 tsp||dried basil||80 g||dried pasta||149 g||spinach||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Boil a pan of water and cook the pasta to the manufacturers instructions. When cooked, add cold water to the pan to stop the pasta overcooking, drain and put to one side.
- In a medium frying pan dry fry the chopped mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt to draw out the natural liquid and pop a lid on and cook for a few minutes.
- Next add the chicken breast and cook with the lid on for a couple of minutes to colour each side.
- Add the oil to the pan along with the garlic, the chopped tomatoes and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Give everything a good stir, season to taste and add the dried basil.
- Pop a lid on and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Now check the chicken to see if it’s cooked, it will be firm to the touch.
- If it’s ready, and pop the spinach on top of the chicken and put the lid back on. It should only take a minute to wilt the spinach.
- Add the pasta in the pan to coat with the lovely thick sauce.
- For this recipe, the dried pasta varieties I’ve used are Spaghetti and Rigatoni.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.