Today my toddlers had a play date with another twin family who happen to be vegetarian.
I’ve got quite a few veggie friendly pasta dishes under my belt so decided to bring this one out for a drive.
I was warned that the toddlers may not eat, but they seemed to have pasta sauce everywhere by the time lunch was over.
I declare lunch a hit!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||95 g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth||80 g||dried pasta||46 g||onions, chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||110 g||frozen peas||6 g||olive oil||30 ml||water||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the dried pasta for the manufacturers recommended time.
- By the time it’s cooked, your sauce will be ready!!
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it on a medium heat.
- Sprinkle a little sat to the chicken breast and pop it into the frying pan without any oil. Adding the salt will help it to release natural juices so that you don’t need to add oil.
- Cover with a lid.
- Take another medium frying pan and pop it onto a medium heat.
- Add the oil to warm and after a minute add the onion and garlic.
- Infuse the oil with the aromatics before adding the peas straight from the freezer.
- After cooking these for a couple of minutes, add the tomatoes, sweet chilli sauce and 30ml of water.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Season the sauce to taste and remove the sauce from the heat when it is lovely and thick.
- When the pasta is ready, take it off the heat, add a splash of cold water to stop the pasta over cooking, drain and add it to the sauce.
- Coat the pasta in your lovely thick sauce and plate up.
- Remove your chicken breast from its pan, it should be cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve the chicken on top of the pasta and enjoy!
- For this recipe, the dried pasta varieties I’ve used are Spaghetti and Rigatoni.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.
- For anyone following older BC plans frozen peas have been approved for use in place of greens, for occasional use.