I love visiting a sandwich shop and ordering a chicken sandwich.
It used to be my ‘goto’ lunch when I didn’t have time to make my own packed lunch.
This is a simple recipe where you can prep the chicken the night before.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|220 g||chicken breast||2||slices of bread||0.5||lemon, zest only||40 g||natural yogurt||15 g||panko breadcrumbs||8 g||parmesan, freshly grated||20 g||mayonnaise, light||30 g||lettuce||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Mix the yogurt with the zest of the lemon.
- Place the chicken breast onto the lined baking sheet and coat the top with the yogurt. There’s no need to coat the second side with yogurt.
- Mix the panko breadcrumbs along with the grated parmesan and sprinkle the top of the chicken until it’s thoroughly coated.
- Bake the chicken breast until it’s cooked through and golden brown.
- Rest the chicken while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Shred the lettuce and lightly toast your bread.
- Arrange the shredded lettuce onto a slice of toasted bread and add the mayonnaise.
- Slice the chicken breast and arrange the slices onto the bottom of the sandwich.
- Top with the remaining bread and enjoy your sandwich!
- I like to use good bread, like a sourdough for instance.
- Cooking the chicken in the yogurt will stop it from drying out in the oven leaving you with tasty moist chicken.