If you know me, you’ll know that I love a burger, but I wanted to do something with cod that wasn’t breaded or dusted with flour, so this recipe is simple but packed with flavour!
But don’t take my word for it, give it a try and see for yourself!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|folded flatbread, wholemeal
|mixed salad leaves
|salt and pepper
- Add the mayonnaise to a bowl and grate the zest of the lemon and add some freshly milled black pepper. Stir and set aside.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat along with the oil.
- When the pan is warm add the cod pieces to the pan and sprinkle some of the paprika to the first side.
- Pan fry for a couple of minutes before turning to cook the other side.
- When the cod is cooked to your liking add a squeeze of lemon juice to the pan and remove it from the heat.
- Pop the folded flatbread into the toaster to warm and get ready to build your flatbreads.
- Start with lettuce, then some of your cod, a smear of mayonnaise and finally some tomato slices.
- I like to pop a cocktail stick through the flatbread to keep it together before eating!
- Feel free to use fresh or frozen cod, but if using frozen follow the manufacturers defrosting guide. I made this recipe using frozen cod.
- If you’re not a fan of mayonnaise, then reduced fat creme fraiche is a good alternative.