I love brunch but these days I rarely get the time to plan brunch with the family, so on a lazy Sunday sitting down to this mid morning with a Nespresso (other capsule coffee makers are available) isn’t too shabby!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||6 g||butter||0.5||lemon, juice only||2||slices of bread||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Pre heat your grill to it’s highest setting and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take your bread and lightly toast it under the grill on both sides and butter one side.
- Put the tuna into a bowl with the peppers, spring onion, lemon juice and reduced fat sour cream.
- Season with a little black pepper and give everything a good mix before spreading the mixture onto the buttered side of toast, going as close to the edge as possible.
- Pop this under the grill for a few minutes until the tuna starts to colour before serving on the mixed leaves.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, tuna is a swap for chicken.
- For anyone following older BC plans, tuna has been used instead of chicken.
- Why not mix up a double portion of the tuna mix ready for the following day!
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.