I love eggs at breakfast and I’m a huge fan of one pot cooking.
You don’t need a pan of boiling water to poach eggs and it’s not unusual for me to get a pot of veggies cooking in the morning and adding some lovely eggs to finish a simple breakfast.
This is a really easy way to poach your eggs and your cook veggies at the same time!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|2||whole eggs||46 g||onions, chopped||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||2||slices of bread||12 g||butter||149 g||spinach||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||2 tbsp||water||salt and pepper|
- Take a frying pan and pop it on a medium heat with the mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt, this will help bring out the mushrooms natural juices so you won’t need to add any oil.
- After a few minutes add the chopped onion and cook for a further 4-5 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add the spinach to the pan and wilt the spinach in the mushroom and onion mixture.
- Make a small well in the spinach and carefully add the egg. Repeat this for the other eggs, add the water and pop a lid on to poach the eggs.
- Poach the eggs to your preference and remove from the heat.
- Toast your bread, butter and pop on a plate along with your poached eggs and veggies.
- Add a dollop of sweet chilli sauce and you’re done!
- Do yourself a favour and have some really good bread like sourdough or make your own, it’s totally worth it!