I was inspired to make this dish after watching a Kids TV Cooking show with my children. The children make a dish that is part of their family heritage and after the program my boys asked with excitement if they could make the dish with me. I’ve adjusted the recipe to include some ingredients that I know the children like that would also suit the dish, but I’ll detail in the recipe notes which are the extra ingredients. The method will remain the same.
Ingredients for 4 servings
|1/2 tsp||dried thyme|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil into an oven proof dish.
- Cut the aubergine and celery into small cubes then slice the onion before adding it all to the oven proof dish with the butter beans and sliced garlic.
- Pour over the chopped tomatoes and water, add the dried thyme and season with a little salt and pepper before mixing everything together.
- Roughly chop the camembert and push into the mixture.
- Slice the courgette and arrange over the vegetables.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil before covering with a lid or foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread and enjoy!
- I added celery and butter beans as they needed using up!
- This recipe would be lovely with Brie or another cheese that melts really well.