When I cook for the family at the weekend I like to keep thing simple with minimal washing-up. This one pot wonder is quick and simple to make, full of flavour and just one thing to wash-up!
Ingredients for 4 servings
|1||chicken stock cube|
|3 tsp||mustard, wholegrain|
|300ml||creme fraiche, half fat|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium heat and add the green beans and enough boiling water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Steam for a few minutes before removing them from the pan and discarding the water.
- Put the pan back onto the heat and add the mushrooms and a little salt.
- After a couple of minutes, add the olive oil to the pan along with the leeks and chicken.
- Brown the chicken on both sides before crumbling the stock cube into the pan, adding the water and the mustard before giving everything a good stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid to cook the chicken.
- After a few minutes, the chicken should be cooked through (it will be firm to the touch).
- Remove the chicken from the pan while you make the sauce.
- Add the creme fraiche to the pan and mix the ingredients together before leaving for a few minutes to thicken.
- Check the seasoning and add any extra to taste before adding the chicken back to the pan along with the green beans that you steamed earlier.
- Cover with a lid to bring the chicken and green beans back up to temperature before serving.
- This recipe would be delicious made with chicken thighs instead.
- To save time, use frozen green beans and just skip the first step and add them in at the end as detailed.
- I prefer to use low sodium stock cubes.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time. Follow the steps to the point where you remove the chicken from the pan and pause, picking up the recipe when you’re ready to finish the dish to serve.