When you have to feed 2 toddlers as well as yourself and your other half, you need a quick one pot recipe under your belt and this meal was ready in super quick time! I was even fortunate that one of my toddlers decided to take an interest in my cheese covered vegetables.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|39g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|1/2||chicken stock cube|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat to warm.
- Add the mushrooms to dry fry with a sprinkle of salt to release their natural juices.
- Pop a lid on for a minute, then add the chicken breast along with the oil and brown on each side for a few minutes.
- Take the courgette and cut it in half. Then take a potato peeler and run it down the length of the courgette to make zoodles.
- Add the courgette to the pan, sprinkle over the stock cube and add the water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat up to bring the pan to a rapid boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to a simmer for around 5 minutes to cook the chicken but make sure the pan doesn’t boil dry and add more water if needed.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch), add the spinach to wilt.
- Once wilted add the reduced fat sour cream to create the sauce.
- Give the mixture a good stir, check the seasoning and start to plate up.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the chicken and veggies and go eat!
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- To make zoodles, use firm courgettes for the best results.