When you have to feed 2 toddlers as well as yourself and your other half, you need a quick one pot recipe under your belt and this meal was ready in super quick time!
I was even fortunate that one of my toddlers decided to take an interest in my cheese covered vegetables.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||95 g||courgette||6 g||olive oil||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||spinach||0.5||chicken stock cube||100 ml||water||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat to warm.
- Add the mushrooms to dry fry with a sprinkle of salt to release their natural juices.
- Pop a lid on for a minute, then add the chicken breast along with the oil and brown on each side for a few minutes.
- Take the courgette and cut it in half. Then take a potato peeler and run it down the length of the courgette to make zoodles.
- Add the courgette to the pan, sprinkle over the stock cube and add the water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat up to bring the pan to a rapid boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat to a simmer for around 5 minutes to cook the chicken but make sure the pan doesn’t boil dry and add more water if needed.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch), add the spinach to wilt.
- Once wilted add the reduced fat sour cream to create the sauce.
- Give the mixture a good stir, check the seasoning and start to plate up.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar over the chicken and veggies and go eat!
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- To make zoodles, use firm courgettes for the best results.