After recovering from a bout of flu and tonsillitis, I made this salad bowl.
I’d had a course of antibiotics and I’ve read that it can take it’s toll on your gut bacteria, so a salad packed with raw vegetables is a good start to making a recovery.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||95 g||beetroot, raw||6 g||olive oil||2||eggs||100 g||red cabbage||49 g||rocket leaves||1 tbsp||apple cider vinegar||46 ml||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Using a sharp knife, finely shred the red cabbage and put it into a bowl.
- Carefully peel the beetroot (I use an ordinary potato peeler) before grating the beetroot into the bowl with the cabbage.
- Add a little seasoning to taste along with the apple cider vinegar.
- Give the ingredients a good mix to thoroughly mix in the vinegar as this is going to pickle your veggies.
- Set aside for later.
- Put a sauce pan onto the heat with some boiling water and boil the eggs to your liking. When ready, cool and peel the eggs.
- Place the tuna into a bowl with the reduced fat sour cream and a little black pepper. Thoroughly mix.
- Arrange the slaw onto the plate along with the rocket leaves.
- Add the tuna, the boiled eggs and a drizzle of the olive oil.
- Now dig in!
- I like to use an unpasteurised apple cider vinegar for it’s gut boosting properties, but any apple cider vinegar will do the job!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, beetroot is an approved swap for carrots.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, tuna is a swap for chicken.