It doesn’t have to be plain and boring, there’s so much you can do with it.
Give this recipe a try, you might find yourself making it over and over without it being plain old mince again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|170 g||extra lean beef mince||116 g||mushrooms||46 g||onions, chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||10 g||tomato puree||1 tbsp||Walden Farm thick & spicy bbq sauce||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||6 g||olive oil||50 ml||water||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||1 tsp||smoked paprika||149 g||mixed salad leaves|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take the mushrooms and remove the stalks, but set these aside.
- Bake the mushrooms for approximately 5-10 minutes until they start to soften.
- When they have started to release their natural juices remove them from the oven but keep the oven on.
- Put a non stick frying pan onto the heat, add the olive oil and start to brown the mince.
- When I say brown I actually want you to caramelise it. It will increase the flavour.
- Chop the mushroom stalks and add these to the pan along with the onion and garlic and give the ingredients a good stir.
- When the mince has started to caramelise add the tomato puree. This needs to be cooked out as this is going to thicken the mixture so give this a good mix in the pan.
- Add the water, stir through and allow to simmer for a few minutes until the liquid has halved in volume.
- Stir through the bbq sauce and remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a small ceramic ovenproof dish, spoon over the mince mixture and top with the grated cheddar.
- Bake this in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and a bowl of salad leaves.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Walden Farm sauces may still be used as they don’t contain any calories or add any nutritional value, just flavour.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!