Sometimes you can’t beat a bowl of pasta and the speedy delivery of a pasta dish can greatly depend on the sauce. This recipe is super speedy and ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. What could be better?
Ingredients for 2 servings
|1 tsp||chilli flakes|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a pan of boiling water onto the heat and cook the pasta according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Place the remaining ingredients except a pinch of chilli flakes into a food processor or smoothie maker and blend everything into a smooth paste.
- Using a spoon taste the sauce and add any additional seasoning to taste.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, reserve approximately 50ml of the cooking water.
- Drain the pasta when it’s cooked to your liking and place it back into the pan and pour over the sauce. Feel free to add a little of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if you feel it needs it.
- Plate up your pasta and sprinkle with the remaining chilli flakes and enjoy!
- Feel free to change the pasta shape.
- Double up and make an extra batch of sauce for a great pasta salad lunch later in the week.
- If you don’t have ready made roasted red peppers, feel free to use a fresh pepper but oven bake it for at least 20 minutes with a tablespoon of olive oil.