Steak in our household is somewhat of a treat, so when you get a lovely steak you’ve got to treat it with love and care.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||sirloin steak||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||2||whole eggs||6 g||olive oil||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||green beans||1/2 tsp||mustard, dijon||1/2 tsp||white wine vinegar||0.5||lemon, juice only||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1-2 tbsp||water||2 tsp||herbs de provence herb mix||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and allow it to warm for a minute or two.
- Pop your steak onto a chopping board and sprinkle both sides with the herb mix, a little seasoning and rub the steak with half of the crushed garlic.
- Put the steak into the pan and cook it to your liking.
- The firmer the steak becomes, the more cooked through it will be.
- When you’re happy that the steak is cooked to your liking remove it from the pan and onto a plate to rest, but remember that the steak will continue to cook while it’s resting so I like to slightly undercook it.
- Take a pan of cold water, add the whole eggs and put on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes take the eggs off the heat and fill the pan with cold water.
- This will stop the eggs cooking any further and the eggs should be soft boiled.
- Carefully peel the eggs and set aside.
- Steam the green beans to your liking, add to the plate along with the slices tomato and spring onion.
- Mix the oil, mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and remaining garlic together.
- Taste it before you add any more seasoning and add a little water to slacken the dressing.
- Once you’re happy the steak is well rested, cut it into slices, arrange it with your beans, add the eggs to the plate and cut in half to let the yokes run and drizzle the dressing over the eggs and green beans.
- Add a dollop of reduced fat sour cream on the side and you’re ready for a glass of wine – not included in the macros!
- Keep your steak lean by trimming all visible fat.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!