I love nachos and this recipe ticks all the right boxes without the need to actually having to resort to including tortilla chips on a rest day or a reduced carb meal!
Where there’s a will!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||extra lean beef mince||190 g||chopped tomatoes||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||ground cumin||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||6 g||olive oil||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||4||pickled jalepeno slices||149 g||baby gem lettuce||salt and pepper|
- Pre heat your grill to it’s highest setting and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat, add the olive oil along with your beef mince.
- Take a few minutes to brown the mince and break up any large clumps of mince.
- When the mince has browned, add your garlic and give the mince a good stir to incorporate the garlic.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika and ground cumin onto the mince and give the mince a good stir to incorporate and cook out the spices.
- Pour the tomatoes onto the mince and stir the tomatoes into the mince.
- The tomatoes won’t take very long to cook!
- Add a little seasoning to taste and when the sauce is bubbling, reduce the heat and let simmer for another couple of minutes until you are left with a thick sauce.
- Take your chilli mixture and spread it onto the lined baking sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle over the grated cheese and pop it under the grill for a few minutes.
- You’re looking to melt and caramelise the cheese.
- When this is ready, remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully spoon the chilli mixture into baby gem lettuce leaves and stack onto a plate.
- When you have used up all of your chilli mixture add your reduced fat sour cream topping along with the jalapeño slices and dig in!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you’ll notice that this recipe features a double portion of tomatoes to create more of a sauce.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.