I’ve been watching a cookery show this week and the presenters were in Morocco, so I’ve started to give my Moroccan spice mix a hammering.
My spice rack has never been so busy and I never even knew I had Moroccan spices to hand.
I hope you love my simple creations!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||95 g||chopped tomatoes||95 g||courgettes made into courgetti||0.5||lemon, zest only||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6 g||olive oil||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||1 tsp||moroccan spice mix||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Place your chicken breast onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Moroccan spice mix.
- Bake the chicken breast for approximately 20 minutes.
- Put your courgetti into a bowl and grate the lemon zest onto the courgetti. Mix the zest through the strands and arrange it onto your plate.
- Take a frying pan and add it to a medium heat.
- Wilt your spinach and put this on the same plate.
- Put the pan back onto the heat and add the oil, garlic, chopped tomatoes, 20ml of water and the sweet chilli sauce.
- Bring this to the boil and then simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- When the sauce is nice and thick, season to taste and add the chicken to the pan.
- Coat the chicken with sauce and sprinkle the grated cheddar on top of the chicken.
- Cover the pan for a minute or so to melt the cheese.
- Arrange the chicken onto the plate with the courgetti and spinach, and spoon the remaining sauce over the spinach.
- Dig in and enjoy the freshness of the lemon courgetti.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Use firm courgettes for the best results.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make courgetti!
Find me on: Web