We love marinated olives, but you can pay a premium for them at the local deli or supermarket.
So I made these to my husbands tastes and he declared ‘these are better than the ones in the shops!’.
I’ll take that compliment gladly.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|250 g||green olives, stone in||1||garlic clove, crushed||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||15 g||extra virgin olive oil||10 g||anchovy fillets, in olive oil||0.5||red chilli, sliced|
- Your olives are most likely to be in a brine so drain these and give these a quick rinse in cold water before putting into a bowl.
- Take your anchovy fillets and using your finger wipe off any excess oil before popping them on a chopping board and cutting them into little pieces.
- Add these along with the crushed garlic, dried oregano and extra virgin olive oil to the bowl with the olives.
- Give everything a good mix and put into a jar before putting in the refrigerator.
- These are best kept in the fridge and should last 2-3 days.