I love Greek food and I’ve wanted to make something a little different.
When I look back at the recipes I’ve made recently there’s been no feta featured.
I found a lovely feta this week and decided to do it some justice.
When buying feta try to find one made with some if not all goats milk.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||extra lean beef mince||52 g||peppers, sliced||95 g||courgettes made into courgetti||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||149 g||mixed salad leaves||56 g||feta cheese||6 g||olive oil||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||10 g||fresh rosemary, stalks stripped and saved to use as skewers||10 g||fresh oregano||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put the rosemary and oregano into a food processor to chop finely before adding to a bowl with the beef mince.
- Season to taste and give the mince a good mix with your hands.
- Take the rosemary stalks and using wet hands start to form meatballs onto them.
- It’s easier to flatten some of the mixture in the palm of your hand, place the stalk in the centre and start to form the meatball around the stalk.
- Repeat until you’ve used all your mixture and pop them in the oven to bake.
- Depending on how large they are, they should take around 20 minutes to cook.
- They’ll be firm to the touch when ready, remove them from the oven and let them rest.
- Mix your courgetti and peppers together in a bowl, top with the feta and drizzle with your olive oil and set aside.
- Mix the sour cream together with the chopped coriander and garlic, then add a sprinkle of salt to season.
- Add your kebabs to the plate and top with the sour cream dressing.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- When buying feta try to find one made with some if not all goats milk.
- Use firm courgettes for the best results.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make courgetti!
- Dried oregano will work just as well if you don’t have fresh.
Find me on: Web