When you’re trying to eat healthily, life sometimes gets in the way, but that’s no reason to reach for a sandwich and a bag of crisps. This recipe takes around 10-15 minutes to make and you can use frozen fish which cooks from frozen. Winner!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|1/2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|5g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|5g||fresh parsley, chopped|
|39g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|48ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the olive oil, garlic and peppers.
- Stir fry for a minute before adding the tomatoes, water, smoked paprika, herbs, sweet chilli sauce and season to taste.
- Give the tomatoes a good mix and add the frozen cod pieces.
- Cover with a lid, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Sprinkle the cod with the cheese and add the green beans to the pan to steam.
- Cover with a lid and cook for a further 5 minutes to melt the cheese and steam the beans.
- When the beans are cooked to your liking, pop everything on a plate and eat!
- For anyone following older BC plans, cod loin has been used instead of chicken.
- Most frozen fish can be cooked from frozen. Check the packaging of the frozen fish for details.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.