Pizza, we all love it.
Well it’s really easy to enjoy all the flavours of a pizza without having to resort to making a complex base.
This pizza won’t take more than 15 minutes to make, and that’s quicker than getting one delivered!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||190 g||chopped tomatoes||1||garlic clove, crushed||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||66 g||mozzarella||10-20 ml||water||12 g||olive oil||pinch||sugar||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto the heat, add half the oil and gently fry the garlic before adding the tinned chopped tomatoes then season to taste and add the water and dried oregano.
- Give the tomatoes a good mix and turn the heat up.
- Pop the lid on and bring the sauce to the boil – this should take about a minute.
- Take the lid off and give the tomatoes a stir and check the amount of liquid left in the pan – you’re aiming to cook the tomatoes while reducing the sauce a little.
- When you’re happy that the sauce is ready, remove it from the heat and set it aside for later.
- Pre heat your grill to its highest setting.
- Next take a frying pan, the one that you’re going to make the pizza base in and pop it on the heat to warm.
- Add the remainder of your oil, combine your whole eggs and eggs whites and beat.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and when the bottom of the egg starts to set, pop the omelette under the grill to set the top, this should only take a couple of minutes if your grill is hot.
- Take the omelette out from the grill and using your finger gently press the top of the omelette to check it’s set.
- Take your pizza sauce and pour it onto the centre of your omelette and spread it out using a spoon.
- Try and leave only a small gap around the edges.
- Arrange the mushroom slices around the pizza top before finishing with the mozzarella.
- Pop this back under the grill and check it after 5 minutes.
- You need to be a little brave with your grill, it took my pizza around 8 minutes under the grill and it was quite a large one.
- The pizza will be ready when the cheese has melted and turned golden brown in places.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking we use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes.