I’ve cooked and eaten each of these recipes on my lean journey and there’s a pattern to my cooking.
If I’ve made something with green beans and feta earlier in the week, then I have to make something else with those ingredients.
Waste not, want not!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||1||lemon, juice only||56 g||feta cheese||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||green beans||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the peppers, onion and olive oil.
- Stir fry them for a minute before adding the chicken breast.
- Continue to stir fry for a few minutes before adding the garlic and coriander.
- Give the mixture a good stir before popping the lid on for a couple of minutes to help the chicken cook through.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, pour the lemon juice into the pan, arrange the green beans over the chicken and pop the lid back on for a few minutes.
- Steam the green beans to your liking and just check that the chicken is cooked through, it will be firm to the touch.
- Plate the chicken up, crumble the feta over the top and add a dollop of reduced fat sour cream.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!