It’s the end of the grocery week for me.
The fridge has packs of part finished veggies and some chopped tomatoes from the other day.
So after a bit of a think, this is what came together after 15 minutes in the kitchen!
When you’re cooking to a set of macros it’s really easy to build-up lots of part used vegetables, so this was a great way to use some of those up!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||95 g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth||95 g||courgettes made into courgetti||0.5||lemon, zest and juice||1||garlic clove, crushed||6 g||olive oil||66 g||mozzarella, cut into small pieces||10 g||fresh basil leaves, chopped||149 g||spinach||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||50 ml||water||salt and pepper|
- Take a medium frying pan and put it on a medium heat.
- When the pan is warm, wilt the spinach and put it in the bowl you plan to serve this in along with the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper to taste and half of your oil.
- Put the frying pan back on the heat with the remaining oil.
- Add the garlic and mix it into the oil to season it.
- Add the blended tomatoes, and the sweet chilli sauce along with 50ml water.
- Bring this to the boil and add the chicken.
- The chicken will poach in the sauce while the sauce cooks. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes depending on how big the chicken chunks are.
- After 5 minutes check the chicken, if its firm to the touch it’s cooked.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, throw in the chopped basil and set aside.
- Take another pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Toss courgetti strands and the lemon zest together.
- Using tongs, move the strands around the pan to warm it through and infuse the courgetti with the oils from the lemon zest.
- After a minute put the warmed courgetti onto a plate.
- Put the mozzarella pieces beside the courgetti and top with the chicken and sauce. This is going to melt the mozzarella and give the dish a lovely cheesy treat.
- Use firm courgettes for the best results.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make courgetti!
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
Find me on: Web