It’s the end of the grocery week for me. The fridge has packs of part finished veggies and some chopped tomatoes from the other day. So after a bit of a think, this is what came together after 15 minutes in the kitchen! When you’re cooking to a set of macros it’s really easy to build-up lots of part used vegetables, so this was a great way to use some of those up!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks|
|95g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth|
|95g||courgettes made into courgetti|
|1/2||lemon, zest and juice|
|1||garlic clove, crushed|
|66g||mozzarella, cut into small pieces|
|10g||fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|48ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Take a medium frying pan and put it on a medium heat.
- When the pan is warm, wilt the spinach and put it in the bowl you plan to serve this in along with the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper to taste and half of your oil.
- Put the frying pan back on the heat with the remaining oil.
- Add the garlic and mix it into the oil to season it.
- Add the blended tomatoes, and the sweet chilli sauce along with 50ml water.
- Bring this to the boil and add the chicken.
- The chicken will poach in the sauce while the sauce cooks. This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes depending on how big the chicken chunks are.
- After 5 minutes check the chicken, if its firm to the touch it’s cooked.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, throw in the chopped basil and set aside.
- Take another pan and put it on a medium heat.
- Toss courgetti strands and the lemon zest together.
- Using tongs, move the strands around the pan to warm it through and infuse the courgetti with the oils from the lemon zest.
- After a minute put the warmed courgetti onto a plate.
- Put the mozzarella pieces beside the courgetti and top with the chicken and sauce. This is going to melt the mozzarella and give the dish a lovely cheesy treat.
- Use firm courgettes for the best results.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make courgetti!
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.