I’m so used to doing my grocery shopping online these days to save time and I’m guilty of picking similar ingredients each time.
When I do venture inside a supermarket, I’m greeted by vegetables that I’ve not seen in a while so I had to pick up some lovely chicory for this recipe!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|218 g||turkey thigh mince||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||ground cumin||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||80 g||avocado||1||green chilli, sliced||0.5||lime, juice only||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||1-2 tbsp||water||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||chicory leaves||salt and pepper|
- Take a bowl and add the chopped spring onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Cut your avocado into cubes, finely chop the coriander and add them both to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add the juice of half a lime and give everything a good mix and set aside.
- Take a frying pan and put it onto a medium heat.
- Add the oil and turkey mince.
- After a few minutes the mince will start to colour and at this stage add the garlic and slices of green chilli to the pan.
- Continue to brown the mince and when you’re happy it’s almost cooked add your spices to the pan along with 1-2 tablespoons of water as the pan may be a little dry.
- Add a little seasoning to taste and throughly mix it to incorporate it.
- Arrange your chicory leaves onto your plate, serve your salsa and spiced mince in separate bowls along with some reduced fat sour cream.
- Leisurely fill the leaves with a little of each mixture to enjoy!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!