I do love a creamy chicken dish and this recipe has very few ingredients.
It’s something you can make quickly and comes in handy at the end of the grocery week when you are starting to run low on groceries.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||45 g||onions, chopped||76 g||brown basmati rice||6 g||olive oil||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||broccoli||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Put the rice into a pan of boiling water and cook according the the manufacterers recommendations.
- When cooked add a little cold water to stop it over cooking, drain and set aside.
- Take a frying pan add the oil and pop in the chicken breast with a sprinkle of salt on top.
- Pop a lid on to help speed up the cooking and after 5 minutes turn the chicken over.
- Throw in the mushrooms and onion and cover to finish cooking.
- After another 5 minutes check the chicken. When it’s cooked the chicken will be firm to the touch.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and stir the reduced sour cream into the pan.
- Steam the broccoli to your liking and start to plate up.
- Add the rice to the plate along with the chicken and spoon the mushrooms and creamy sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle over the coriander and it’s done!
- I much prefer the texture of brown basmati rice but use white if that’s what you have. And if you’ve not tried brown basmati rice, give it a try!