This is a king prawn version of my soft taco recipes.
Why not experiment with different fillings!
Just remember, your soft tacos, your way!
These would be lovely filled with my Quickie beef chilli recipe.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|305 g||raw king prawns||4||flour tortillas, small||46 g||onions, diced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||smoked paprika||4||pickled jalepeno slices||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||salad leaves, shredded||0.25||lime wedge||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the oil along with the diced onion.
- When the onion has started to soften, add the king prawns, garlic, smoked paprika and give everything a good stir.
- After a couple of minutes your prawns will be cooked so it’s time to start building your tacos.
- If you have a taco stand like I have, this will make life a lot easier, but without one you can still build them and stack them on your plate.
- Line your taco rack with a soft tortilla.
- Arrange shredded lettuce across the bottom, followed by tomato pieces and add some of the king prawns.
- Then top with dollop of reduced fat sour cream and a jalapeño or two.
- Before you tuck in, give your taco a spritz of lime for some extra zing!
- If you have a taco stand you can probably prep all your tacos, but if you don’t then just lean the filled tacos on a plate next to each other and get ready to dig in!!
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- The image shows the tacos garnished with avocado, however this isn’t something I’d normally have on a training day so it’s not included in the recipe.