In the past, whenever I’ve attempted to lose weight I always fall off the wagon because I’m craving a takeaway.
After starting my lean journey I can honestly say that I’ve not been tempted by a takeaway, BUT i have tried to keep the food I eat as interesting as possible.
This recipe popped into my head following a conversation with my husband about how we’re not missing takeaways!
This is one of my favourite starters!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|443 g||peeled raw king prawns||46 g||onions, chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||1.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1-2 tsp||garam masala||1 tsp||ground cumin||6 g||olive oil||1||lemon, juice only||2 tbsp||water||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||mixed salad leaves|
- Put a non stick frying pan onto the heat, add the prawns and the water.
- Put the lid on and steam the prawns for a minute.
- Take these out of the pan and set aside.
- Put a smaller frying pan on a medium heat and brush the frying pan with the oil using a pastry brush.
- Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake.
- Gently cook the egg so that you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of your eggs.
- Put the original pan back onto the heat along with the oil.
- Using a mini food processor, chop the onion until it’s almost a paste and add it to the pan.
- Leave this on a medium-low heat to soften the onion without colouring it. If you feel the pan is a little dry, add a tablespoon of water and pop the lid on.
- After 5 or so minutes the onion should have softened.
- Put the tomatoes in the blender and chop them.
- Add these to the pan and allow these to cook out for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the chillies, ground cumin and garam masala and give everything a good stir.
- Add the prawns back into the pan and coat them with the spiced mixture for around 2 minutes to warm through and finish cooking.
- Add your pancakes to your plate, top with the salad leaves, add the prawn puree mixture and add a squeeze of lemon.
- Finish by adding a dollop of sour cream in case the chillies are hot and a scattering of coriander.
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.
Find me on: Web