In the past, whenever I’ve attempted to lose weight I always fall off the wagon because I’m craving a takeaway. After starting my lean journey I can honestly say that I’ve not been tempted by a takeaway, BUT i have tried to keep the food I eat as interesting as possible. This recipe popped into my head following a conversation with my husband about how we’re not missing takeaways! This is one of my favourite starters!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|443g||peeled raw king prawns|
|95g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half|
|1-2||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!|
|1-2 tsp||garam masala|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|1||lemon, juice only|
|10g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|149g||mixed salad leaves|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a non stick frying pan onto the heat, add the prawns and the water.
- Put the lid on and steam the prawns for a minute.
- Take these out of the pan and set aside.
- Put a smaller frying pan on a medium heat and brush the frying pan with the oil using a pastry brush.
- Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake.
- Gently cook the egg so that you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of your eggs.
- Put the original pan back onto the heat along with the oil.
- Using a mini food processor, chop the onion until it’s almost a paste and add it to the pan.
- Leave this on a medium-low heat to soften the onion without colouring it. If you feel the pan is a little dry, add a tablespoon of water and pop the lid on.
- After 5 or so minutes the onion should have softened.
- Put the tomatoes in the blender and chop them.
- Add these to the pan and allow these to cook out for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the chillies, ground cumin and garam masala and give everything a good stir.
- Add the prawns back into the pan and coat them with the spiced mixture for around 2 minutes to warm through and finish cooking.
- Add your pancakes to your plate, top with the salad leaves, add the prawn puree mixture and add a squeeze of lemon.
- Finish by adding a dollop of sour cream in case the chillies are hot and a scattering of coriander.
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.