There are times when you just want to throw lots of ingredients into a pan for a speedy meal.
So keep this one to hand as you just might need it one day!
The ingredients can easily be changed to fit what’s in the fridge, so you’re guaranteed something different each time you make it!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|244 g||raw king prawns||76 g||dried brown basmati rice||46 g||onions, chopped||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6 g||coconut oil||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||149 g||broccoli||43 ml||soy sauce||5 g||tomato ketchup|
- Put a pan of boiling water onto a medium heat and par boil the broccoli – this will save you time later.
- When the broccoli has softened a little remove it from the water and set aside.
- Using the same water, cook the rice according to the manufacturers instructions.
- When cooked, add a splash of water to stop it from over cooking, drain and set aside.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the coconut oil, onion and mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli, and allow them to infuse the vegetables.
- Add the prawns and stir fry them with the vegetables.
- As the prawns cook, they will turn pink, but as they turn colour add the rice and broccoli to the stir fry pan along with the soy sauce and ketchup and give this a good mix to coat everything.
- After a couple of minutes the broccoli will have finished cooking and the prawns will be cooked (pink). Pop them onto your plate and eat!
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- This recipe can also be made using ready cooked rice. Adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.