It’s easy to take a sandwich for granted and I was totally guilty of walking into a sandwich shop, grabbing a sandwich, crisps and sometimes what I thought was a healthy snack.
These days a sandwich or baguette is as special as a main meal, carefully put together to be tasty and also fuel me for the job in hand!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||6 g||olive oil||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||10 g||fresh basil leaves, chopped||4 inch||piece of baguette||39 ml||soy sauce||149 g||salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Put the chopped cherry tomatoes in a bowl with the spring onion, half the olive oil and basil.
- Stir and season to taste, then set aside for the basil flavour to infuse the tomatoes.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat with the rest of the olive oil and add the chicken.
- Add the soy sauce to the pan and cook with the lid on for a few minutes then turn.
- When you think the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch) add the garlic to the pan along with the oregano and coat the chicken.
- Cut the baguette in half, add the salad leaves, then add the infused tomatoes and finally top with the chicken.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- A piece of baguette has been used in place of a bagel.