This recipe is something I’ve been making for years, but it’s been adapted.
It’s every bit as tasty as the original and is really easy to put together in advance and bake.
It’s also great made with different chicken pieces to keep all the family happy, but this version is chicken breast only.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||273 g||potatoes, cut into wedges||95 g||chopped tomatoes||95 g||courgette, cut into 5mm thick slices||6 g||olive oil||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||spinach||25 ml||water||2 tsp||dried oregano||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the chicken breast, potatoes and courgettes on a baking tray.
- Mix the chopped tomato in a jug with the olive oil, sweet chilli sauce, water, 1 tsp of dried oregano and season to taste.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken and potatoes and sprinkle the remaining dried oregano over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover with some foil, this is going to stop the chicken going dry while the potatoes cook.
- After 25 minutes check the potatoes. If a knife pierces the flesh easily they are cooked, so remove the foil and bake for a further 5 or so minutes for them to colour.
- Wilt the spinach and arrange it on a plate along with the chicken, potatoes and courgette.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.