Ok I admit it, I love a chicken kebab.
Not one of those with unrecognisable meat, but one that’s lovely chunks of chicken that’s been marinated all day.
When I’m in the mood and that’s normally at the weekend I like to have this one lined up.
To recreate that lovely flavour you will have to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, but more would be better!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|chicken breast, chopped into chunks
|peppers, cut into cubes
|large tortilla wraps
|lemon, juice only
|garlic clove, chopped or crushed
|fresh coriander, chopped
|sweet chilli sauce
|salt and pepper
- Put the chicken chunks to a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, smoked paprika, dried oregano, lemon juice, crushed garlic and season.
- Leave this to maninate for as long as possible. I like to leave this for the day in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook, pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the chicken pieces onto the lined baking sheet and bake the chicken for approximately 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the chopped peppers and onion and bake for another 5 minutes to soften the peppers and onion.
- The chicken is ready when it is firm to the touch.
- Warm your tortilla wraps and them put on a plate.
- Pop the chicken, peppers and onion onto the bread along with the juice and top with the greens.
- Add a dollop of sweet chilli sauce and remember this is totally lean!!!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- I like to vary the greens in this recipe dependant on what I have in the fridge. The image shows a combination of salad leaves and red cabbage.
- The red cabbage I use has no added sugar.
- The longer you leave the chicken to marinate, the better!