Roasted peppers are a lovely staple to have in the fridge.
Slow roasting peppers intensifies the flavours and they’re fab used in ‘regular’ recipes as well as being used in salads along with their juices.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 10 servings
- Pre-heat your oven to 155°C fan/325°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Using a sharp knife slice the top off each pepper and remove the seeds.
- Remove the stalk from the lid and put the lid slices into a roasting pan along with the peppers.
- Pour the olive oil over the peppers and season with a little salt.
- Cover the peppers with either a lid or a little foil and slow roast for approximately 1.5 hours.
- This is going to soften the peppers and release their lovely sweet juices.
- When the cooking time as elapsed, leave the peppers covered until they have cooled.
- Remove the lid and using a knife and fork roughly chop the peppers before transferring them to a jar along with ALL of the juices.
- The juices are a great salad dressing by themselves.
- Your peppers should keep in the fridge for approximately 3-5 days depending on how fresh they were to begin with.