A frittata is a great way to use up ingredients at the end of the grocery week.
There’s no limit to the combinations you can try and it’s a lovely light meal that can be made in advance and reheated.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|154 g||smoked salmon||95 g||courgette, cut into 5mm thick slices||46 g||onions, chopped||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||6 g||olive oil||149 g||salad leaves||20 g||fresh parsley, chopped||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||0.25||lemon, juice only||salt and pepper|
- Preheat your grill to its hottest setting.
- Take a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Add the oil, courgettes and onion. Stir fry for a few minutes to soften them.
- In a bowl, put the whole eggs, egg whites, chopped parsley, salt & pepper and reduced fat sour cream.
- Beat them together until combined and add them to the pan of vegetables.
- The egg will start to set and of course it’s way too messy to flip the frittata, so pop the pan under the grill to cook and colour the top. Be sure to have the handle out of the heat, you don’t want it to melt.
- After a few minutes the frittata will be ready, remove it from the grill and start to plate up.
- Add the mixed leaves to the plate along with the frittata.
- Roll the smoked salmon pieces, set them on the plate with the lemon to add some zing to your smoked salmon and dig in!
- Make the frittata ahead of time and have it ready for lunch the following day!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Smoked salmon is a swap for salmon fillet. Simply increase your salmon fillet amount by 30% to determine the appropriate Smoked salmon amount.