Introducing my healthy sweet and sour chicken recipe that tastes like a takeaway, but made at home? Surely that’s too good to be true!
In the time it takes to order and collect from your local takeaway, you can be sitting down to this fakeaway plate of deliciousness! It’s tasty, quick to make and doesn’t use loads of ingredients that you’ll never use again!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|40ml||tinned pineapple juice|
|salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Place a large frying pan onto a medium to heat to warm and add the oil.
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces before adding to the pan.
- Pan fry the chicken until cooked through.
- Cut the pepper into large chunks and add to the pan. Stir fry for a minute or two to soften.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the pan along with the juice, ketchup and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix everything thoroughly and when the sauce has thickened – this should take only a minute – remove from the heat and serve.
- Told you it was quick!
- Also delicious with pork fillet instead of chicken breast.
- I like to use red peppers for their sweetness.