I have to admit I sometimes overlook stir fry rice dishes because I’m often in the mood for noodles but I had some pre-cooked rice kicking around and there was no stopping me today.
This recipe is seriously quick to make and once made I guarantee you’ll make it again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey breast steak||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||95 g||courgette, cut into thin strips||1/2 tsp||dried chillies||1/4 tsp||ground ginger||6 g||coconut oil||0.25||lemon wedge||76 g||dried rice||43 ml||soy sauce||149 g||pok choi||salt and pepper|
- Cook your rice according to the manufacturers instructions, drain and set aside.
- Cut your turkey breast steak into thin slices so that they cook quickly.
- Put them into a bowl with the ground ginger, dried chilli flakes and soy sauce.
- Give the ingredients a good stir to coat the turkey pieces with the spices.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add your coconut oil.
- When the pan is very warm add the turkey and any remaining marinade into the pan and stir fry the turkey until it’s almost cooked.
- Next add the peppers and courgette to the pan and while this cooks for a minute chop the white part of the pok choi leaves in 1cm pieces and add them to the pan.
- When the white part of the leaves have softened, add the green tops along with the rice and cook for a further minute or two to cook the pok choi tops and warm the rice.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and add a spritz of lemon to add some zing to your dish.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- You could use ready cooked rice to make this recipe even quicker, just adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!