If you love cauliflower cheese, you’re going to love my gluten free speedy cauliflower cheese recipe!
I really love cauliflower cheese but I don’t make it as often as I’d like because of the effort it can take to make a white sauce.
This speedy white sauce is ready in minutes and gluten free too!
Ingredients for 4 servings
|200g||creme fraiche, half fat|
|30g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|10g||Red Leicester cheese, grated|
|salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Trim away any leaves from the cauliflower.
- Place the whole cauliflower in a medium pan with enough boiling water to come up half way up the cauliflower.
- Blanch the cauliflower for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it carefully into an oven proof dish.
- Put a medium frying pan on to the heat along with the oil and chopped onion.
- Take a few minutes to soften the onion before adding the creme fraiche.
- Thoroughly mix the sauce together and feel free to add a tablespoon of the cauliflower cooking water to slacken the sauce if it’s too thick before its had a chance to cook-out.
- Add a little seasoning to taste and add the grated cheddar.
- Mix the sauce to melt the cheese and immediately pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle the grated Red Leicester on top and bake for 10-15 minutes until the Red Leicester cheese is bubbling.
- Feel free to use your favourite cheddars.
- This is a dish that you can make in advance. Simply do everything except bake it until just before you want to serve it.