Many years ago I was very lucky to join some work colleagues on a trip to Amsterdam to visit a suppliers factory.
On our first night we headed out and ended up in a restaurant where they only served beer in steins and were renowned for their pizza.
I have some happy memories sitting there with a stein of beer and a seafood pizza.
Now I’ve not had a seafood pizza again until now….must search eBay for a stein glass!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||peeled raw king prawns||200 g||chopped tomato||75 g||aubergine, cut into 5mm discs, no need to peel either||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||dried oregano||66 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||149 g||broccoli||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Put boiling water into a sauce pan and place on a medium heat.
- Arrange the aubergine slices in a colander and place the colander over the sauce pan to steam the aubergine with a lid.
- Make sure that the aubergine isn’t touching the water as you want it to steam not boil.
- Take a frying pan on put it onto a medium heat to warm.
- Add the olive oil and the garlic so that the garlic infuses the oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes along with seasoning to taste and the oregano.
- The sauce will start to bubble quickly and when it does give it approximately 2-3 minutes of simmering time before adding the prawns.
- Don’t worry if the sauce after adding the prawns looks a little watery, this will reduce again very quickly.
- As soon as the prawns are cooked, they will turn pink, use a slotted spoon to remove the prawns from the pan along with half of the sauce and set aside.
- Pre heat your grill to its highest setting.
- In the time it’s taken to cook the sauce, your aubergines will be lovely and tender.
- Remove the colander from the sauce pan and pop the broccoli into the water to blanch while you finish the rest of the dish – top up with more boiling water if you need to!
- Take the aubergine slices and arrange them around the bottom of the sauce covered frying pan. This is now your pizza base.
- Top the aubergine slices with the remainder of the sauce and cooked prawns ensuring all of the aubergine is covered.
- Dot the reduced fat sour cream around the top along with the mozzarella.
- Place the frying pan under the grill until the mozzarella goes golden brown.
- Remember to serve your seafood pizza with the broccoli.
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- Why not make another portion for another day.
- For this recipe I’ve used buffalo mozzarella instead of grated.