I love the decadence of smoked salmon and cream cheese, but today I didn’t have any bread worthy of the honour of being served with this so I set about creating a low carb blini and I’m totally blown away by the result!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|2||whole eggs||20 g||cheddar cheese, grated||50 g||smoked salmon off-cuts||30 g||reduced fat sour cream||30 g||cream cheese, half fat||60 g||avocado||0.25||lemon||15 g||butter||75 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Crack the eggs into a bowl along with the grated cheddar, reduced fat sour cream and a little seasoning to taste.
- Take a couple of minutes to beat the eggs to incorporate the ingredients and to make the eggs light and fluffy.
- Put a small frying pan onto a medium heat and add the butter to melt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and turn the heat down.
- Leave the eggs onto the heat to set, this may take a few minutes as you need the egg to have set before you turn it to brown the other side.
- When the egg has set carefully flip to brown the other side and leave this for a further few minutes to brown.
- Carefully arrange the blini onto your plate and spread the cream cheese over one half.
- Now arrange the smoked salmon bits to cover the cream cheese before slicing the avocado and arranging this on top of the smoked salmon.
- Arrange the mixed leaves on the other half of the blini and don’t forget your lemon wedge!
- I like to use smoked salmon off cuts which are much cheaper to packs of smoked salmon slices.
- If you can’t find reduced fat sour cream, look for half fat creme fraiche instead.
- If you’re catering for a party, you an make bite size versions and serve these as canapes.