During a recent visit to the supermarket I stumbled across a bag of kalettes and I can remember hearing about them a little while ago.
They were billed as having the best flavours from kale and Brussel sprouts so I was keen to try them.
I love my green veggies prepared simply, I really enjoyed the kalettes and I can’t wait to have them again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|water from the steamer
|garlic clove, chopped or crushed
|salt and pepper
- Steam the kalettes for approximately 10 minutes to tenderise the stems, but don’t worry, it’s a hearty green that won’t turn to mush very easily.
- Take a frying pan and pop it onto a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan along with the garlic and infuse the oil without colouring the garlic.
- After around a minute turn up the heat and add the kalettes to the pan along with a tablespoon of water from the steamer and stir fry them for a minute or two.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve.
- Alter the amount of olive oil for the recipe depending on the main meal this is to accompany. For this to work, it does need some olive oil.