Garlic and Chilli Mixed Seafood Penne Pasta is lots of my favourite things all in one bowl!
Pasta is the ultimate fast food and the key is to make a sauce or topping that will be ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta.
This is one such recipe and in the time your pasta is cooked, this delicious topping will be ready – I can’t really call it a sauce. It’s light, fresh and full of flavour!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|Salt & Pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Cook your pasta according to the manufacturers instructions and in the time it takes to cook, your topping will be ready!
- Place a large frying pan on to a high heat.
- Finely shred the cabbage and add to the pan along with the water before covering. This will cook the cabbage in super quick time!
- When you’re happy that the cabbage is almost cooked, remove the lid and allow the water to evaporate before pushing the cabbage to one side of the pan.
- Slice the garlic and chilli before adding the oil to the pan and adding them to the pan to season the oil.
- Being careful not to burn the garlic, add the mixed seafood to the pan along with the zest of the lemon.
- Give everything a good mix to warm the seafood mix and distribute the lemon zest – the seafood is already cooked so only needs warming.
- When the pasta is cooked, tip it into the pan and mix together with a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
- I like to make this recipe with mixed seafood that has been defrosted according to the manufacturers instructions. As the seafood it already cooked and defrosted, it just needs to warm through in the pan.
- Feel free to substitute the mixed seafood with king prawns, dressed crab or prepared mussels.
- I used savoy cabbage, but feel free to use any time of leafy green such as broccoli for example.
- Below is an affiliate link to the style of pan I use to cook this dish.