When my children get back from school my kitchen gets really busy and I find that having a simple goto recipe which is delicious and quick to get onto a plate is a must.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you|
|6g||extra virgin olive oil|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1cm thick slices and arrange the slices onto the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven to bake, this should take only 30 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into chunks and place them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice the spring onion and place it into the bowl with the tomato and cucumber before tearing the coriander and adding that too.
- Add a little seasoning to the bowl, thoroughly mix and refrigerate until needed.
- Take a large frying pan and place it onto a high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the sliced mushroom along with a little sprinkle of salt. This is going to help the mushroom release it’s own juices so you don’t need to add any oil.
- After a few minutes the mushrooms will start to soften and at this point add the sliced peppers and leave to cook for a few more minutes until the peppers start to soften, then remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Turn down the heat and place the pan back onto the heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan along with the sliced garlic and chilli so that you infuse the oil without burning them.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the pan along with the juice from 1 lemon.
- After a couple of minutes the lemon juice will evaporate leaving behind slightly crispy and sticky chickpeas.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, it’s time to get everything onto the plate.
- Add the sweet potato, tomato salad, chickpeas and mushroom and pepper mix onto the plate.
- Top with a few slices of avocado before adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to finish.
- Delicious served hot or cold!
- Feel free to double up on the ingredients to have more ready for another meal. Each element of this recipe would be a great side dish served later in the week.
- I’ve chosen to keep this dish plant based, but it would also be great topped with a little grilled halloumi or crumbled feta.