It’s not often that I have leftovers in my fridge.
With getting into the swing of batch cooking I had a little steamed cauliflower going begging and this was a lovely way to use them.
It makes a nice change to having broccoli!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces||48 g||cauliflower, pre cooked, boiled or steamed||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||6 g||olive oil||1-2 tsp||cajun seasoning||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||56 g||feta cheese||0.5||lemon, juice only||101 g||green beans||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange your cauliflower on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the cajun seasoning.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes until it starts to colour.
- Steam your green beans to your liking and set aside.
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it onto the heat.
- Add the chicken along with a sprinkle of salt. The salt will help draw out it’s natural juices while helping it to go crispy.
- When you’ve turned the chicken over for the second time, pop the lid on for a few minutes to help the chicken cook through.
- Remove the lid, check on the chickens progress (it will be firm to the touch when it’s cooked), add the oil along with the garlic and chopped chilli.
- Turn the heat down a little so as not to burn the garlic and add the peppers and onion to the pan.
- Cover with a lid and allow the vegetables to steam for a few minutes.
- Give the pan a little shake to move the garlic around as it can burn easily and when you’re happy the chicken is ready remove the lid and give the chicken a squeeze of lemon.
- The pan will sizzle as soon as the lemon juice hits the fan so be ready with the extractor fan.
- Pop your chicken and peppers onto the plate along with the green beans and roasted cauliflower.
- Top the chicken with the feta and dive in!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, cauliflower is now part of the greens list.
- For anyone following older BC plans you may occasionally have cauliflower in place of your green vegetables (gram for gram). I have reduced the amount of green beans to be able to include the cauliflower.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!