A roast dinner is something of a treat and shouldn’t be overlooked.
This version has a touch of the naughty with the garlic butter infused chicken, but try this version as a special treat now that the nights are getting long and dark!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||68 g||leeks, cut into 5mm pieces||95 g||courgette, cut into thin strips||0.5||garlic clove, crushed||6 g||butter||10 g||fresh parsley, chopped||365 g||new potatoes||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||40 ml||water||149 g||Savoy cabbage||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put the potatoes onto a baking tray with a sprinkle of salt and bake for approximately 30 minutes until cooked.
- Make the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic and parsley together.
- Place the chicken breast on a medium piece of foil and cut 2-3 slits across the top.
- Smear the garlic butter into the slits and cover with foil. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Shred the cabbage into small pieces.
- Put a large frying pan onto a the heat and add the cabbage, leeks and courgettes.
- Add the water and pop a lid on for 5 minutes. This is a nice quick way to steam veggies without a steamer pan.
- When the veggies are steamed to your liking remove them from the heat.
- When the potatoes are ready, the chicken should be ready at the same time.
- Pop everything onto a plate and pour the chicken juices with the garlic butter over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to the potatoes and eat!
- The butter needs to be at room temperature when making the garlic butter.
- You don’t need a huge pan of water or a steamer to steam your vegetables. A frying pan with a lid will do the job just as well!