It pays to have a well stocked spice rack.
It can turn every day ordinary ingredients into something really tasty really quickly!
As you start to experiment with spices, you’ll soon start to know what spices go together and you can adjust the spice levels to your taste.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||149 g||spinach||24 g||sesame seeds||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||6 g||coconut oil||2 tsp||garam masala||0.5||lime, juice only||5 g||fresh coriander, chopped|
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat, add the coconut oil, chicken and onion.
- Stir fry for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Pop a lid on to help cook the chicken through and soften the mushrooms.
- After few minutes check to see if the chicken is cooked through, it will be firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the garam masala and sesame seeds, give the mixture a good stir to cover the ingredients with the spices and seeds.
- Add the spinach and stir until it’s wilted.
- Pop it on a plate, give the chicken a squeeze of lime, and finish the dish by adding the chopped coriander and sweet chilli sauce.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Turkey breasts would also be lovely in this recipe!
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!