I love Mexican food and had fully planned to make a fairly traditional burrito, but something came over me!
Instead of the usual smoked paprika, cayenne pepper etc, out came mild curry powder, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet and cauliflower rice – yes cauliflower rice!
What resulted was bang on the money!
One pot, full of flavour, spicy, fresh and simple.
Me all over really!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||46 g||onions, chopped||2||large tortilla wraps||6 g||coconut oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 inch||piece of ginger||1 tbsp||mild curry powder||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1||lime, juice only||20 g||fresh coriander, chopped||149 g||cauliflower made into cauliflower rice||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Take a frying pan put it on a medium heat.
- Add the coconut oil and start to soften the peppers and onion.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes before adding the garlic, ginger, curry powder and the chilli.
- Give everything a good mix and cook for around 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, it will be firm to the touch when it’s ready.
- Add the cauliflower rice, this will take a couple of minutes to cook or soften.
- Once ready take the pan off the heat, add the lime juice and coriander to the pan and give everything a good mix.
- Put a clean pan onto a medium heat and leave to warm for a few minutes – no oil needed.
- Put your tortilla onto a chopping board and spoon the mixture into the centre of the tortilla. You need a gap top and bottom of around 1 inch as you’ll need to fold over the tortilla and then roll the wrap around the ingredients.
- If you add too much mixture it maybe tricky to roll. What your aiming to do is to wrap the ingredients and then put it in the pan, seal side down to lightly cook the wrap before serving.
- Toast or cook the top and bottom for a couple of minutes and then plate up with the sweet chilli sauce and any left over filling.
- In my experience, the best wraps for wrapping a burrito are ordinary white ones. I’ve tried wholemeal and 50/50 varieties and they are brittle and just don’t wrap!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For anyone following older BC plans you may occasionally have cauliflower in place of your green vegetables (gram for gram).
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice as the method is the same for cauliflower.
- Ginger is easier to grate when it’s frozen.
Find me on: Web