I spend a small fortune on bars and snacks which are seemingly simple to make, so I did. I used regular ingredients from my pantry and the resulting bar is simply delicious! Whether you eat these bars to fuel your run, or simply enjoy them with a cuppa, they’re going to be one of your regular bakes!
Ingredients for 12 servings
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a large baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the porridge oats, pumpkin seeds and whole almonds onto the baking sheet and place into the oven to toast for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the dried apricots, agave syrup and water into a blender and blend until you are left with a paste.
- Take a large bowl and add your remaining ingredients.
- Pour in the toasted oats, pumpkin seeds and almonds and use a spatular to scrape out every drop of the apricot paste.
- Use the spatula to thoroughly coat all of the ingredients with the apricots. This should take a couple of minutes to get everything coated.
- Take an oven proof dish and line the bottom with baking parchment (no oil needed) and spoon in the mixture.
- Press down the mixture with a metal spoon before baking for around 25-30 minutes although I would recommend you check the oven after 20 minutes to make sure that you’re oven isn’t too hot and burning all the lovely sticky sugars!
- When you’re happy with the bake, remove the oven proof dish from the oven and allow it to cool before you attempt to remove the baked mixture from its dish.
- Cut into bars when cool and enjoy!
- I used a pyrex dish measuring 17 x 22cm to bake my energy bars.
- Feel free to use different dried fruit.